COVID-19 Response Resources
As Bristol Bay Borough families and businesses transition to remote-work to support recent stay at home orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19, there may be increases in home energy use and electric bills. Simple money-saving steps can help NEA Members to lower monthly electric bills without jeopardizing safety or comfort.
Recommended energy-saving tips include:
- Program your thermostat to maximize energy savings. Setting your thermostat one degree lower when heating or one degree higher when cooling can reduce energy use by up to 5 percent.
- Do full loads of laundry and wash with cold water. Using warm water instead of hot can cut a load’s energy use in half, and using cold water will save even more.
- Air dry dishes. This step can cut your dishwasher’s energy use by up to 50 percent.
- Substitute LEDs for conventional light bulbs. Lighting can amount to up to 12% of monthly energy use. LED bulbs can cut lighting costs by 75%.
- Unplug appliances and electronics when not in use. Small appliances and electronics use energy even when not in use. When powered on, game consoles, televisions and similar electronics are responsible for up to 12 percent of energy use.
Feel free to contact us f you have questions about your energy bill or bill payment plan options.
Visit the Bristol Bay Borough website for local information and updates.
Visit the Camai Medical Center website for local health information and updates.
Visit the Bristol Bay Native Corporation website for regional and tribal information and resources.
Visit the State of Alaska website for state information and resources.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control website for national information and resources.