Naknek Electric Association Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Journeyman Lineman position. This full-time union position requires the performance and responsibilities required of a Journeyman Lineman. The position is governed by the terms of the agreement between NEA and IBEW Local 1547. The rate of pay will be in accordance with that agreement. The position includes an excellent benefits package.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Experience working on energized overhead and underground construction
- Operation and maintenance in transmission, substation, and distribution systems
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid Alaska CDL driver’s license
- Provide and maintain an insurable driving record
- Have a current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Must have completed an apprentice lineman program and have a current Journeyman Lineman card
- Must be available for emergency call-outs and overtime as required
Naknek Electric Association is located in the Southwest region of Alaska which is home to the largest commercial wild sockeye salmon fishery in the world and unparalleled sports fishing and hunting. Our surrounding landscape is known for its abundant fish and wildlife, including salmon, bear, moose, caribou, walrus, and whales. The Bristol Bay region has a rich rural history and culture, and also host five national parks and wildlife refuges and several designated wilderness areas.
Application packets may be emailed or faxed upon request and can also be picked up at the NEA office in Naknek, Alaska. To request an application packet or for further information please email Dianne King, General Manager or call (907) 246-4261.