Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Utility Lineman, Technician, and Power Plant Supervisor.
Assists the General Manager in all aspects of providing reliable and safe electric service to cooperative members. Responsibilities include day-to-day management and leadership of power operations. Responsive to the service requirements of all Naknek Electric Cooperative Members by providing reliable electric services through efficient construction, operation, replacement, removal, and maintenance of utility plant. Additionally, comply with industry and regulatory standards. Execution of NEA approved budgets and work plans. May serve as acting General Manager in their absence.
- Oversees the construction/maintenance of facilities for the electric service divisions.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision, training, and development of Division 1 (electric plant) in compliance with approved Naknek Electric Association (NEA) policy and procedures.
- Manage a job training and safety program that insures compliance with OSHA and the National Electric Safety Code guidelines and compliance with additional safety rules and guidelines established by Naknek Electric Association.
- Assist the General Manager in the development of short and long-term plans and budgets for the operations and maintenance of the NEA electric utility systems.
- Implement the approved plans and budgets for the construction, maintenance, and operation of the utility systems, including supervising outside contractors and provide regular progress reports to the General Manager.
- Manage the operation, and maintenance of the fleet of trucks, tools, supplies, and construction equipment within budgetary constraints and General Manager approval.
- Manage the purchasing and inventory of utility system materials and equipment within budgetary constraints and utility guidelines
- Manage operations engineering to include staking sheets and Continuous Plant Records (CPR) and construction for new service installations including the preparation of cost estimates and sign off on the necessary permits and easements after being obtained by the Utility Technician. Once construction is complete, provide a final project cost worksheet to the Office Manager.
- Coordinate and work with other departments to optimize teamwork and efficiency.
- Make periodic reports on the operations of the utility systems and presentations before various boards, commissions, and state agencies.
- Maintain the utility system in compliance with all applicable regulations paying close attention to the Air Quality Permit requirements, Spill Plan requirements, and all other regulatory requirements for the electric division.
- Develop and maintain a positive corporate image.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field or a high school graduate with substantial postgraduate training and directly applicable experience in electrical utility systems.
- Ten years of work experience, of which at least five years has been in a supervisory role directly applicable to the responsibilities of this position
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet computer software. I.E. word, excel, and ability to learn new processing systems.
- Must have the ability to foster and maintain a team-oriented work environment among all divisions of NEA including union and non-union employees.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and with the least amount of disruption among staff members.
Physical & Emotional Demands of the Job
This is a demanding position that requires a flexible schedule and the ability to manage sometimes difficult customers and employees while maintaining a consistently positive and professional demeanor.
Accepting applications until June 18, 2021. For an application, you can request it by emailing Naknek or pick one up at the office Monday through Friday 8 am till 5 pm.